CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I wonder sometimes if people think they can piggyback their way into Heaven? They think that my parents are Christians so that must make me a Christian also. Or I go to such and such church so I will go to heaven. Or I am a good person, if I just work at doing things for Christ. I can give you so many different examples of peoples thinking. Let me say this if this is your thinking you are so misguided. Becoming a Christian is a personal experience. We must individually receive Christ as Saviour and Lord. Well, then you might ask o.k. How do I get to Heaven then? Well, I have the answer for you. It is not my opinion it is God’s answers right from the Bible.
First Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
See the word ALL, that means everyone none of us are exempt. We are all sinners. No matter how hard we try, sin will keep you from reaching God’s Glory. We will always be short. Sin is something that is wrong. Some people think sin is the things we call major sins (murder, stealing etc.). But sin can be simply lying. That is something I believe all of us have done. By the way a pet peeve of mine is this. When people say it is just a little white lie. Ex. When the phone rings and it is a sales person they ask for you and you say she is not here. Then you think that is just a little white lie. No, there is no such thing as a little white lie. A lie is a lie. There is no lie greater than the other.
Romans 6:23 –For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We earned Hell but thru Jesus Christ we get Heaven. If we accept His gift.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
See according to this verse you cannot work your way to Heaven.
So,what must you do to be saved if you can’t work your way to heaven??
Romans 10:13 – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:9 – That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Folks, I heard it said that people can have a head knowledge about Christ but it needs to be a heart knowledge.
If you would like to be saved here is a prayer you could say or talk to Christ in your own words.
Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that you died on the cross to pay for my sins. Please forgive me and cleanse me from all my sin and save me. Thank you Jesus, for saving me. In Jesus name Amen.
My next Blog I am going to write on growing in the Lord

0 comments: