My I have not been good at updating this. I have been so busy. I have been working alot of extra hours. Plus other things keep me busy. We have many changes happening in our family right now. 1).Kendra (our oldest) is due Oct. 20th with our first grandchild. I don't think she will make this due date. 2). My middle child Kayla is being courted by a young man. 3). My youngest child Caleb is getting ready to court a young lady. So I think our family is getting ready to grow! Also, along with excitement we have had news of great concern about church family, and our own personnal family. But we know that God is in control! Right now it is early morning and it is 46 outside. We were out driving yesterday and the leaves were falling off the trees. Fall is such a pretty season. Well, I need to stop and get ready for work. It is almost time for me to stop working where I do. To much running in a short span of time. So for now Bye.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 4:26 AM
“Read through the Bible 2010”
1. Hab 1-3 Habakkuk tells us that “the just shall live by his” what? _____________
2. Zeph 1-3 God said he would bring distress upon men that they should walk like who? __ _______________________________________________________________________
3. Hag 1-2 & Zech 1 & 2 What did God tell His people to consider? _________________
4. Zech 3-5 Write out Zech 4:6. ______________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
5. Zech 6-10 In Zech 8:17 what does God say He hates? __________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
6. Zech 11-14 The question is asked, What are these wounds in thine hands? And what is the response? __________________________________________________________
7. Mal 1-4 In what way did God’s people rob Him of? ____________________________
8. Mat 1-3 Preaching in the Wilderness of Judea saying “Repent Ye” was who? _______ ______________________________________________________________________
9. Mat 4-6 Man should not live by bread alone but by what else? ____________________
10. Mat 7-9 Who is it that is told to first cast out the beam out of their own eye? ________________________________________________________________________
11. Mat 10-12 Write Out Matthew 10:36. ________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
12. Mat 13-15 In the parable of the tares of the field who is the good seed and who is the tares? __________________________________________________________________
13. Mat 16-18 How many times did Jesus say we should forgive our brother? ________________________________________________________________________
14. Mat 19-21 Jesus stated that his house was not to be a den of thieves which it was made, but a house of what? ______________________________________
15. Mat 22-24 Write Out Matthew 23:9. _______________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
16. Mat 25-28 What did the 5 foolish not take with them for their lamps? ____________
17. Mk 1-3 According to Mark Jesus was preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God and saying? ________________________________________________________________
18. Mk 4-6 How old was the girl that Jesus raised from the dead (this girl was Jairus daughter)? ______________________________
19. Mk 7-9 Write Out verse 23 of chapter 9. _____________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
20. Mk 10-13 Who was the blind man that sat by the highway side begging that Jesus gave sight too? _______________________________
21. Mk 14-16 After Jesus bodily resurrection who did He first appear too? _____________
22. Lk 1-3 What was the name of Zacharias and Elizabeth’s son? _____________________
23. Lk 4-6 Jesus ask why call Him Lord do not what? ______________________________
24. Lk 7-9 In chapter 8 Jesus stated that His mother and brethren are those who do what? ___________________________________________________________________
25. Lk 10-12 In Luke 11:42 was Jesus saying that tithing should stop? _____________
26. Lk 13-17 According to Chapter 17 verses 3 & 4 when a brother trespasses against us, after what action by the offending party should be heard or seen as to our forgiving him? ________________________________
27. Lk 18-20 When it comes to a person being “good”, how many good persons are there according to Jesus? _____________________________
28. Lk 21-24 What was the three languages of the superscription written over Jesus that said, “This is the King of the Jews”. ______________________________________________
29. Jn 1-3 The scripture states that, “he that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the…”, what is it of God that abideth on him? ____________________________
30. Jn 4-6 “God is a Spirit” and we are to worship Him in what? ______________________
31. Jn 7-9 “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you” what? ____________
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 4:24 AM
Monday, August 30, 2010
Read through the Bible 2010”
1. Eze 4-6 God told Ezekiel in 6:11 to do something that would get the people’s attention, what was it he did? ____________________________________________________
2. Eze 7-9 How many men came from the way of the higher gate? ________________
3. Eze 10-12 The Lord told Ezekiel, Son of Man thou dwellest in the midst of what type of house? _____________________
4. Eze 13-15 Name the 3 men that could deliver only their own souls by their righteousness? ________________________________________________________
5. Eze 16-18 Write Out Ezekiel 18:23 ________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
6. Eze 19-21 God said unto Israel, “What is the high place whereunto ye go?” The name thereof is called what? __________________
7. Eze 22-26 Write Out Eze 22:30. ____________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
8. Eze 27-29 God said he would give the Land of Egypt to what king of Babylon? ______ _______________________________________________________________________
9. Eze 30-32 How many times do you find the phrase “land of the living” in Ezekiel 32? __________
10. Eze 33-35 God has no pleasure in the death of the who? ______________________
11. Eze 36-38 The Lord set Ezekiel down in a valley which was full of what? ___________
12. Eze 39-41 How many months will Israel be burying Gog that they may cleanse the Land? __________________
13. Eze 42-44 What direction does the Gate face that God commanded to be shut? _______
14. Eze 45-48 Give the three names of the gates of the city northward? ________________ _______________________________________________________________________
15. Dan 1-3 King Nebuchadnezzar looked into the furnace and saw a fourth man that was like who? _________________________________
16. Dan 4-6 What king ordered Daniel to be thrown into the lions den? ________________
17. Dan 7-9 Who was it that flew swiftly to Daniel to give him understanding of his vision? _______________________________________________________
18. Dan 10-12 Write out Daniel 12:2. __________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
19. Hos 1-3 What was the name of Hosea’s wife? _____________________
20. Hos 4-6 God said since his people had forgotten the law of thy God, He would forget who? __________________________________________
21. Hos 7-11 They have sown the wind and they shall reap what? __________________
22. Hos 12-14 For the ways of the Lord is right and who shall walk in them? ___________
23. Joel 1-3 For the Day of the Lord is near in what valley? ________________________
24. Amos 1-3 What is the answer to the question found in 3:3? ____________________
25. Amos 4-6 Write out Amos 4:12. ___________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
26. Amos 7-9 God states He is going to send a famine not of bread and water but of what? ______________________________________________________________________
27. Obadiah & Jonah How long was Jonah in the belly of the fish (whale)? ____________ ______________________________________________________________________
28. Micah 1-4 How did the heads of Jacob and the princes of Israel regard good and evil as found in 3:2? __________________________________________________________
29. Mic 5-7 What 3 things does the Lord require of thee? __________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
30. Nahum 1-3 Write Out Nahum 1:7. ___________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 4:25 AM
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
After a few of the usual Sunday evening hymns, the church's Pastor slowly stood up, walked over to the pulpit and, before he gave his sermon for the evening, briefly introduced a guest Minister who was in the service that evening. In the introduction, the Pastor told the congregation that the guest Minister was one of his dearest childhood friends and that he wanted him to have a few moments to greet the church and share whatever he felt would be appropriate for the service. With that, the elderly gentleman stepped up to the pulpit and began to speak.
"A father, and his son, and a friend of his son were sailing off the Pacific coast," he began... "when a fast storm blocked any attempt to get back to the shore. The waves were so high, even though the father was an experienced sailor, he could not keep the boat upright and the three were swept into the ocean as the boat capsized."
The old man hesitated for a moment, making eye contact with two teenagers who were, for the first time since the service began, looking somewhat interested in his story. The aged minister continued with his story...
"Grabbing a rescue line, the father had to make the most excruciating decision of his life: to which boy would he throw the end of the life line? He had only seconds to make the decision. The father knew that his son was a Christian and he also knew that his son's friend was not. The agony of his decision could not be matched by the torrent of waves.
As the father yelled out 'I Love You, Son!' he threw out the life line to his son's friend. By the time the father had pulled the friend back to the capsized boat his son had disappeared beneath the raging swells into the black night. His body was never recovered," the old man said sadly.
By this time, the two teenagers were sitting up straight in the pew, anxiously waiting for the next words to come out of the old Minister's mouth.
"The father," he continued, "knew his son would step into eternity with Jesus and he could not bear the thought of his son's friend stepping into an eternity without Jesus. Therefore, he sacrificed his son to save the son's friend. How great is the love of God that he should do the same for us? Our Heavenly Father sacrificed His only begotten Son so that we could be saved. I urge you to accept His offer to rescue you and take hold of the life line He is throwing out to you in this service."
With that, the old man turned and sat back down in his chair as silence filled the room. The Pastor again walked slowly to the pulpit and delivered a brief sermon with an invitation at the end. However, no one responded to the appeal. But, within moments after the service ended, the two boys were at the old man's side.
"That was a nice story," politely stated one of the boys, "but I don't think it was very realistic for a father to give up his only son's life in hopes that the other would become a Christian."
"Well, you've got a point there," the old man replied, glancing down at his worn Bible. As a big smile broadened his narrow face, he looked up again at the boys and said, "It sure isn't very realistic, is it? But I'm here today to tell you this story gives me a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to give up His only Son for me. You see...I was that father, and your Pastor is my son's friend."
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 4:23 AM
Sunday, August 15, 2010
I thought the following story was cute. My husband is a Baptist Pastor. We also have two dogs. Able and Gabe. So I enjoyed this story.
A Baptist preacher and his wife decided to get a new dog. Ever mindful of the congregation, they knew the dog must also be a Baptist. They visited kennel after kennel and explained their needs. Finally, they found a kennel whose owner assured them he had just the dog they wanted. The owner brought the dog to meet the pastor and his wife.
"Fetch the Bible," he commanded. The dog bounded to the bookshelf, scrutinized the books, located the Bible, and brought it to the owner. "Now find Psalm 23," he commanded. The dog placed the Bible on the floor and showing marvelous dexterity with his paws, leafed through and finding the correct passage, pointed to it with his paw. The pastor and his wife were very impressed and purchased the dog.
That evening, a group of church members came to visit. The pastor and his wife began to show off the dog, having him locate several Bible verses. The visitors were very impressed. One man asked, "Can he do regular dog tricks, too?"
"I haven't tried yet," the pastor replied. He pointed his finger at the dog. "HEEL!" the pastor commanded.
The dog immediately jumped on a chair, placed one paw on the pastor's forehead and began to howl.
The pastor looked at his wife in shock and said, " He's Pentecostal!!!"
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 6:12 AM
Friday, August 6, 2010
Sorry, I have not been so good about blogging. Things have kept me busy.
I am working on a baby afghan. It is a soft green color. But, I am having a time with it. It should have been done long before this. I can't believe it is taking me this long. I am doing 5 rows of a stitches Hsc and then a row of popcorn stitches. It looks pretty. But I have got to the middle and when I make the popcorn sitch they don't line up with the other popcorn stitches. So rip out and start back over. Then I get it right and then continue then I have to rip again. I have done this patterns so many times I can't believe I am having such a problem with it. One area I had to keep ripping out. I didn't think I was ever going to get it right. I thought maybe I just am going to throw this out and be done with it. But I didn't. I just kept at it. This gave me a couple of thoughts. 1) Sometimes in life we have to keep going thru trails because we havn't got it right yet. 2. We keep praying for someone or something. It doesn't seem to be answered. So we think about forgetting it. But that next prayer might be the time you see it answered. Remember it is God's timetable not ours! 3. God isn't done molding us. These are just a couple of thoughts. If you think about it you can probably think of thoughts also about this.
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 4:33 AM
Friday, July 30, 2010
“Read through the Bible 2010”
1. Isa 28-30 God says Woe to Rebellious Children who take counsel but not of me; why do God’s children do that? ___________________________________________________
2. Isa 31-33 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for what? _________________________
3. Isa 34-38 Write out Isa 38:21 ______________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
4. Isa 39-41 The Word of our God shall stand for how long? _______________________
5. Isa 42-44 How does the Redeemer the Lord of hosts describe himself in 44:6? _______ _______________________________________________________________________
6. Isa 45-47 The Lord states four things that he does in 45:6, what are they? ___________ _______________________________________________________________________
7. Isa 48-50 Who does the Lord say there is no peace for? _________________________
8. Isa 51-53 Who is being spoken of in Isaiah 53? _______________________________
9. Isa 54-56 Write Out Isa 55:8. ______________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
10. Isa 57-60 What is it that will hide God’s face from you and He will not hear your prayer? _______________________________________________________________________
11. Isa 61-63 The “garment of praise” is for what? ________________________________
12. Isa 64-66 Heaven is God’s throne and the earth is His what? _____________________
13. Jer 1-3 God told Jeremiah whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak and be not afraid of their what? __________________
14. Jer 4-6 How did the people respond to God’s directions in 6:16 & 17? ______________ _______________________________________________________________________
15. Jer 7-9 What type of words are we not to trust in? ______________________________
16. Jer 10-12 There is a custom found in 10:3 & 4 where God declares that the customs of the people are what? ___________________________________
17. Jer 13-16 What was unto Jeremiah the joy and rejoicing of his heart? _______________
18. Jer 17-19 Write out Jer 17:17. ______________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
19. Jer 20-22 God says Woe unto him that buildeth his house by what? ________________
20. Jer 23-25 The Lord say His Word is like a fire and like a hammer that breaketh what into pieces? _________________
21. Jer 26-28 Who did Jeremiah tell would die within the year because he had taught rebellion against the Lord? ____________________
22. Jer 29-31 After how many years be accomplished at Babylon will God visit and perform His Word for Israel? ________________________
23. Jer 32-34 How many years was Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon before his army besieged Jerusalem? _______________________
24. Jer 35-38 Name the 3 men who made intercession to the king that he not burn the roll? ______________________________________________________________________
25. Jer 39-41 Who was it that killed Gedaliah? ______________________________
26. Jer 42-44 What country did God tell His people not to run to because of the trouble coming from Babylon? _________________
27. Jer 45-47 Fill in the blank, “yet will I not leave thee wholly ______________.”
28. Jer 48-50 Hazor shall be a dwelling for what type of animal? __________________
29. Jer 51-52 How old was Zedekiah when he became king in Jerusalem? ___________
30. Lam 1-5 Jeremiah the writer of Lamentations said that his “eye affecteth” what part of his body? ______________________
31. Eze 1-3 Write Out Ezekiel 3:18. ___________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________
Posted by BY GODS GRACE at 5:17 AM