CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

I know I was going to talk about things that can get in the way with us being faithful to church. But I came up with some verses that show why unfaithfulness to church displeases God.
Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
And we all know being in church pleases God. So when we are not we are displeasing Him and are unfaithful to Him.
Matt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
By being unfaithful to church it shows a disregard for the Lord’s presence.
Psalm 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
By being unfaithful to church it shows disregard toward the call to worship the Lord collectively. Several verses in Psalms that talk about worship together.
1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
When not being faithful to church you are showing disregard for the fellowship. Remember also Heb. 10:25.
Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
When we are not faithful to church it shows a lack of self-sacrifice.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
When we are not in church it keeps us away from influences that would encourage us and keep us from backsliding.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
If we are unfaithful to church that keeps us from hearing the word of God preached.
These are just a few verses that should show us why we need to be in church. Also, I would like to add some thoughts to you also. It is an encouragement to your Pastor and the church members when they see you at church. It shows that God is important to you.

0 comments: