CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Read the words to this song and then I will type some thoughts about it.
Fill My Cup, Lord:
1. Like the woman at the well I was seeking For things that could not satisfy. And then I heard my Savior speaking: “Draw from my well that never shall run dry.
(Chorus)
2. There are millions in this world who are craving The pleasure earthly things afford. But none can match the wondrous treasure That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
(Chorus)
3. So, my brother, if the things this world gave you; Leave hungers that won’t pass away. My blessed Lord will come and save you If you kneel to Him and Humbly pray.
(Chorus)

Chorus: Fill my cup, Lord, I lift it up Lord. Come and quench this thirsting of my soul. Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more; Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
When I read the words to this song. I think of my coco cup. When I pour my coco I want a full cup, I don’t want a half cup. That is what we should want from the Lord. We want a Full cup from the Lord. Here is some full cups we should want from the Lord.
1. First it starts with the Cup of Salvation! Psalm 116:13 – I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. If you never had the Lord fill your cup in this area please look back on my post of Dec. 16, 2009.
2. How about the cup of blessings. 1 Corinthians 10:16 – The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? Look at the words from the song “Draw from my well that never shall run dry” I believe that God wants to shower us with blessings but we don’t reach for them.
3. The cup of Consolation. Jeremiah 16:7- Neither shall men tear themselves for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother. Consolation is defined - Comfort; alleviation of misery, or distress of mind; refreshment of mind or spirits; a comparative degree of happiness in distress or misfortune, springing from any circumstance that abates the evil, or supports and strengthens the mind, as hope, joy, courage and the like.
4. How about a cup of refreshing? – Matthew 10:42 – And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward. Have you ever been so thirsting you just have to have a large glass of ice water and it quenches the thirst? That is how we should feel when we go to the Lord.
5. The last cup should be the cup of our Testimony. 1 Corinthians 11: 25, 26- After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.
As I am typing this I am thinking this would make a great Mother’s Day devotion. This devotional can be expanded. I could see the Tea Cups sitting on tables. With little tiny sandwiches. A Victorian decorations etc. I think this would be good!

0 comments: