CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Psalms16:11 – Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

God’s word tells us that He will guide us along on the path of life. But God also gives us a choice to stay on that path and follow it or go a different direction. Can you read a road map? I can’t! If we were traveling and my husband handed me a road map and asked to get us to Kansas City, we would be taking so many detours because I didn’t stay on the correct path. I need to learn how to read a map! The above verse talks about the path of life. We find the directions to that path of life in our Bibles. We need to be reading it to know that path. When we stay on that path we will have joy and pleasures forever! In our life we get off the path by many detours in our life. Things in this world seem to pull us away from God. Ever here that saying, the grass is greener on the other side. Have you ever been tempted and instead of staying on the path we gave in. Or we get worn down and it is easier to just give in? There is a song years ago It is a secular song so it isn’t any good. But when I heard it there was a part I seem to remember – Looking for love in all the wrong places. I can tell you where you will find that true love. It isn’t getting off the path it is staying on and going straight to the Saviour. That is where you will find true love.
Also, I thought about this we can think we are going the way God wants and not be. Several weeks back we went up to Sioux Falls, S.D.. My husband is great! We took the longer way there. I do not like interstate. Anyway, we stopped and ate lunch. After we ate we headed on the road we were on. I hauled a book out to read. Anyway, after a bit I looked up and the area wasn’t at all familiar to me. He never saw the 18 sign. So we were still on the same road never turned. Then we saw the Sign that said Minnesota. We still got to Sioux Falls just went about it the back door way. We thought we were on the right road. I think that happens when we think we are on the road God has for us and sometimes God wants to see us change directions. We get so busy doing for God that we forget to listen to God.

Isa 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD

0 comments: