CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

O.K. This will be my very first blog post! I thought I would share with you a priority in my life, it is Jesus Christ. When I was in 6th grade ( years and years ago) I met a new friend. She invited me to church for a evening church concert. There was a singing group called Tell it Like it is. Anyway, I think that was the title of the group. I do know they sang a song called Cotton Candy Clouds, and Brother let me take your hand. Anyway, they kept using the term saved! I had not had a clue what they were talking about. And they actually didn't explain it well in terms a 6th grader could understand. I went back to my friends house and asked what saved was. She called her mother in and her mom showed me from the Bible what saved is talking about. First she said it isn't just going to church alot of people do this. It is about Jesus Christ. She first showed me Romans3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Alot of people say they never sinned. They are thinking the big wrongs that people do.No, sin is things that are wrong against God. All of us are sinners. If for example you told a lie. That is sin. Then she showed me Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death... . A wage is something we earn. Because of sin we earn death. Then we have Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. She also showed me John 3:16. So this tells me that Jesus died on the cross for us. He paid the cost for our sins. Then we have Romans 10: 9,10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. So she asked me if I wanted to know Jesus. I said yes. I can't quite remember the words I said that day. But I do know I told Jesus I was a sinner. I know he died on the cross for my sins. Please forgive and come into my heart. The Bible says also in Romans 10:13 that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. So that is how Jesus became a priority in my life. Folks, I heard this statement before. People have a head knowledge but it needs to be a heart knowledge. There is about 18 in. from the head to the heart. I would encourage you to meet my Jesus.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - great post! I will look forward to keeping up with your blog : ) Tara Davenport