CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 7, 2010

I am not sure exactly where I am going with this blog. Because I have a lot of thoughts in my mind! Yes, I have a mind!  Let me tell you why. I have been fighting thoughts of jealous, and envy a lot lately. Also, my mouth just keeps a going. These things are wrong. Jealous and envy are about the same thing. So I thought I would look in to these because really if you think about it when you have a problem controlling this it is a habit. So you need to break the habit. So I am going to write about breaking the habit.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Have you ever said I need victory over this habit ___________(whatever it might be.) I need to conquer this. It is affecting my Christian walk. I think at one time or another we have all said this.
How do we break a habit? The above verse says we can do all things through Christ! That means even habits. First, pray. Ask God for help. Then memorize specific scripture. Then when you are tempted to do a bad habit you can quote scripture. Jesus did this in Matthew 4.
Mt 4:1 ¶ Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mt 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
Mt 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Mt 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Mt 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mt 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mt 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mt 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mt 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
We see Jesus speaking in verses 4, 6, 10
Mt 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Then when quoting the scripture we see the devil leave.
It helps to quote the scripture out loud. Something about saying it out loud makes you see that you can have victory over breaking a bad habit.
Also, I think what would help is being accountable to someone. Because it is easy for us to say oops. I will try better. But when you are accountable it makes us more aware. Look at Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10.

4:9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
4:10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Also, when you give up a bad habit replace it with a good habit. I think of the scripture in Matt. 12:43-45
t 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Mt 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mt 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
If we keep getting rid of the bad habits and bring them back they tend to be worse then before. That’s why when we get rid of a habit keep it gone.

0 comments: