CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

For you that don’t know I will be a Grandma in Oct. But I am sure you know that. I am so excited about that. Do you know the word grandma is in the Bible? 2Ti 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
So, I looked up some of the words in this verse to get a better meaning. Remembrance - to remember. I know we know that word.
Unfeigned - not pretended, sincerely felt or expressed; “genuine emotion” genuine, true, sincere.
Faith- Believing in someone you can’t see.
Dwelt- Instead I looked up the definition of dwell just because when I looked up dwelt it said to dwell on! So dwell is defined- go on about, elaborate, be engrossed in, continue to think about, tarry over.
Persuaded- to urge or prevail upon successfully , to cause to believe, convince
So, what this verse is saying they had passed their faith down to others. Generation to generation. That is what I want to pass on to the grandchild God is giving us.
I am so looking forward to having a baby around here again. I am 50 and my daughter that is expecting is 28. Those 28 years have gone so quickly. I thought about those 28 years. Where did they go? I sure enjoy listening to Kendra talk about her pregnancy. Times sure change on the do’s and don’ts of pregnancy and even delivery. Even the clothes are different. She brought some books and magazines home for me to look at. One of the magazines had pictures of the stages of pregnancy. I looked at that and thought how can someone look at these pictures and doubt the miracle of life that God has given us. Do you know even at 6 weeks the baby has a heartbeat. Can’t tell me that that the Baby at that stage isn’t life. Pray for Kendra and her husband and baby that all goes well.

0 comments: