CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring is here! I get excited with the beginning of spring. I love to open the windows in the house and let the fresh air in. I think the air gets stale in the house with winter. Then on to spring cleaning! We tackle every room. Make everything clean and fresh! Then when I am done I look around and feel I really accomplished something. But you know with spring we should use this time not just to spring clean the house but spring clean our spiritual lives. Just like you evaluate your house on what needs to be cleaned and what stuff you need to pitch. You should look at your spiritual life and ask yourself what to be worked on and what needs to be pitched. Follow this rule if it is something that isn’t pleasing to our Lord then pitch it. If you’re doing something not pleasing to our Lord then purge it out. I think of the scripture in Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
I don’t know about you but I sure accumulate a lot of stuff. I have a craft room that is cluttered with junk. I really need to go in and reorganize it and get rid of things. When I walk in I have to clear away things just to work on my crafts. Think on this question what is in your spiritual life that is cluttering your life from serving God? Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. So purge things that are not true, not honest, not just, not pure, not lovely. Praise God with a good report!
Ps 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The above verses show us we need to cleanse our spiritual lives with the word of God. We need to get rid of unrighteousness and all the sin that builds up in our lives. We need to apply the word of God. Then determine to keep it clean. Just like our homes we have to keep cleaning. If we only cleaned in spring we would have a very messy house. Just like the Word of God if we only pick it up once in awhile we will stay dirty.
So the SON is shining and lets start the Spring cleaning in our homes and lives!

0 comments: