CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I thought today I would write about what the Bible has to say about the weather. I am so over the weather. According to the news we have had 61 in. of snow this winter. I am so wanting to open my windows and let the fresh air into the house. Everywhere you go it seems the topic of conversation is the weather. . When I started to look at weather and the Bible I was amazed on the amount of scriptures it has. It mentions all kinds of weather from hailstorms, to floods, thunders etc….

1.God is in control of what He created.

Jeremiah 14:22 – Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Art not thou he. O Lord our God? Therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou has made all these things.

Mark 4 : 39, 41 – (39) And he arose and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (41) And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Psalm 29:10 – The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever.

Psalm 107: 25, 29 – (25) For he commandeth and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof. (29) He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

2.God sends the snow, cold and frost-

Frost – Psalm 78:47
Snow- Job 37:6

Lightning-
Job 37:3, Psalm 18:12-14, Psalm 97:4, Psalm78: 47-48, Jeremiah 10:13

Wind
Gen. 8:1-2, Numbers 11:31, Isaiah 11:15, Ex. 10: 12-13,19, Ex. 15:10, Ex. 14:21
There is a lot more I could right on this one.

Rains and floods
Gen. 2:5, Gen. 6:17, 1 King 17:14, Job 28:11, Ps. 68:9, Nahum 1:8
Also, lots more scripture on this.

Hailstones
Joshua 10:11, Haggai 2:17, Ezekiel 13:13, Psalm 105:32, Psalm 78: 47-48

I thought about typing all the words to the scriptures but decided not to. I like the idea of opening my Bible and looking up the scriptures. So, as I am typing this it is early morning. Not sure what the weather for today is going to bring. But I will be reminded that God gave us this weather. I will try real hard not to complain. If today he sends us more snow! Not sure where God is wanting us to put it but we will find a place! I am so thankful that God gave us 4 seasons to enjoy! Spring is right around the corner!

0 comments: