CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

As I was looking out the nursery window into the church sanctuary during the am service, I was looking at all the empty pews. What a sad feeling that was. Each spot in the pew represents a person that won't hear the gospel today. I thought of the people that have never came but more so of the people that are not faithful. Have they never read Hebrews 10:25- Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. I looked up the word faithful in the dictionary it used the words loyal, constant, staunch, steadfast, resolute. People say they are faithful to God but they are not faithful to his church. If that is the case I can't say they are faithful to God. God wants us in church! Also, when you are not in church how can you lift up the brethren? I have heard all the excuses and that is just what they are excuses! I am glad God doesn't make excuses. We make plans for our jobs, our activities...etc. but many don't make plans to be in church. There is something wrong with this. You think about this there are only about 4 hours a week of church services that is not much. Also, a little time of praying and reading your Bible the other days. Still not much. We find time for our jobs (people give 40 hours to that), we read novels ( but not much of the Bible). We watch movies ( 2 hours each), we talk on the phone for hours (but hardly any prayer time). We make plans to get together with friends ( a couple hours a week ). But give God hardly any of our time. As we start the new week lets be aware how we spend our time. A while ago I kept track of how I spend my time. I wrote down on paper what I did each day and how much time I spent. It sure was a eye opener to me. Maybe that would be something that you would want to do just to see were you actually spend your time. It might surprise you. Anyway, give God the time!

0 comments: